Monday, February 10, 2014

A Blind Date... With a Book
















I thought this was a cute idea put together at the Maynard Public Library by the Friends of the Maynard Public Library (AKA "the Friends"). In celebration of Valentine's Day, they are offering "a blind date with a book."

Love-themed books have been wrapped up and are labeled with whom the content is targeted at: young adult or adult. I love the idea that you have no idea what you're going to get. I love that you might discover a gem that you wouldn't have otherwise.

This is an absolutely charming idea.

2 comments:

  1. Yes!! I was one of the first to check one out - I've been dying for a local library to do this! Such a cute idea! I got _The Secret Garden_, which I keep saying is my long lost love :) I love the book but haven't read it again in years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 5-yr-old daughter and I are currently on our second read of that. She loves to pretend that she's Dickon, living on the moore.

    ReplyDelete