Sunday, April 6, 2014

Erikson's Ice Cream is Officially Open for the 2014 Season!

There was not a leaf on a tree, and some places still have patches of snow on the ground, but that didn't stop Erikson's Ice Cream from opening on Saturday, April 5th. Our daughter wanted to skip breakfast altogether and just go for ice cream. Fortunately, we were able to tell her that they wouldn't be open until noon. 

So after getting a few errands done, we went to get our first cones of the year. My favorite flavor, Almond Joy, wasn't on the list yet, so I had to go for my second favorite—Grape Nut. My husband's favorite, Peanut Butter Fudge, was also not there.  I'm not worried about it, I know all those bonus flavors will make their way on to the board in good time. Perhaps I'll take this as an opportunity to sample some of the flavors I'd never dare try. I saw a couple of new flavors; Coffee Cake and Chocolate Cupcake. I heard from a good friend that the latter was rather tasty. 

Every year, during ice cream season, I'm reminded of a friend whose family liked to go out for "Sundae Dinner". Hmmmm, maybe it's time to start a tradition like that in my own family. I'm also thinking of trying to count how many Erikson's cones I consume this year, but I'm not sure it's a good idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment