Friday, November 19, 2021

Welcome to the 2021 Maynard Grapevine Holiday Shopping Guide! (part 1)


Hey Maynard friends! I’ve been really busy building my Maynard Holiday Shopping Guide, but it's not quite done yet. This will be the first of several posts, so I hope you don’t mind checking the blog from time to time to see how I'm managing.

This year, with shortages of goods and unreliable delivery schedules, you might understandably be feeling a little more-than-usual holiday anxiety creeping up on you. My friend, Lynda Thayer, wandered around downtown with me and we talked with store owners and shopkeepers about supply chain problems. One of the great benefits about shopping locally is that if you have it in your hand then you can get it wrapped and under your tree or in the hands of a loved one in time for whatever you’re celebrating.


One of the things I love about doing my Maynard Holiday Shopping Guide is that, as I think about all the different people we have in Maynard, I end up peeking into corners that I wouldn't usually see, or stepping into stores I don't usually frequent. I’m always surprised by just how much we have here, and you probably will be, too. But because there is so much, the blog post has gotten a little unwieldy and I’ve decided to try a different approach. Over the next few weeks I’ll be doing posts by “category.” I think that this will be the best way to give you the most information in the easiest way to digest without overwhelming you. So check back in from time to time to see what I’ve put together. 


Here are the general categories that I will be working with, though they may change a bit as I work my way through my ideas. This is not the order that I’ll be publishing, it’s just alphabetical.:


Accessories

Babies, Toddlers, and Little Kids 

Big kids, Tweens, and Teens

Books and Music Charitable Giving

Clothing

Decorating

Entertainment

Fitness

Do-it-Yourselfers/Home Improvement

Gifts That Don’t Take Up Space

Gifts That Will Get Consumed

Handmade Gifts

Holiday Decor

Jewelry

Kitchen-y Things

Maynard Merchandise

Original Artwork

Pooch or Pet Lover

Practical gifts

Restaurants

Recreation and Outdoor Fun

Secret Santa or Gift Swap

Services Sports Fans

Stocking Stuffers

Toys and Games

Wine and Beer Lovers (craft beers)


Maybe you have your own ideas for a category that should be covered. Feel free to include it in the comments. I may not be able to get to it this year, but it would still be good to see it.


Wish me luck putting these posts together!




2 comments:

  1. Who did the print above? I'd love to purchase one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did.There seems to be a lot of interest in the image. I may have to look into printing it.

    ReplyDelete