Friday, March 14, 2014

Things Aren't Always Great Around Here

Businesses come and go. People come and go. Sometimes when it all happens at the same time around here, it can be pretty disheartening. This week was one of those weeks.

So here's the scoop: Town Planner, Eric Smith, has put in his resignation. He's a really great guy with a lot of energy, and I think he was a great asset to the town. So sorry to see him leave. Peyton's River's Edge restaurant has closed. I swear that location is cursed—every restaurant there has failed. The space is just too large. But I did hear that an Auto Zone would be taking its place, so the location won't stay empty. The church on the corner of Summer and Main Streets is going to be trying to sell their building. Art and Soul, after many years of business, will be closing. I heard that our fire department might be trying to regionalize with Stow to try and save money.

I forget that this happens, so when it does, when a bunch of stuff comes at once, it really hits hard.

I wait for spring and for more good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment