Friday, May 9, 2014

Another Downtown Vacancy Slated for Filling? Interesting.

So here's what I heard, maybe you heard it, too—Miss Tricia's Dance Studio is looking into getting a second space on Nason Street. The current space is on Nason, but it's in the rear, down by the laundromat. She's considering expanding. I heard the plan is to get one of the empty spaces across from Gallery7.

I think this is a wonderful idea. It helps to emphasize how important the arts are to the community, whether we're art-makers or not. I think it will be good for Miss Tricia's business, too. Many of us overlook that back lot space, with part of her school (she still plans on keeping the old spot) right in the spotlight of downtown, she'll surely be seeing more traffic and appreciation for her work.

I look forward to seeing people dancing in our downtown (in addition to Flash Mobs, of course). I wonder if she's got classes for the double lefties who walk with canes. A girl can dream, can't she?



No comments:

Post a Comment