Sunday, October 5, 2014

So What's Up at the Fine Arts Theatre?

Everyone asks me that question. I had some answers for people, but not enough. (Rubbing my hands together) Now I have more!

Let me just say right now, the movie theater is going to be GREAT!

I met Steve Trumble, owner of the Fine Arts Theatre a while back at a Revitalize Maynard Collaborative meeting. I needled him about a few things, pointed out some stuff I didn't like, and told him I'd support the theater when I felt like I could believe in the project. He shook my hand. He told me he liked me.      He gave me his contact information—something he may come to regret. ;-)

Let me get to the point. I managed to meet with Steve on Saturday, October 4th. He talked to me for two hours, gave me a tour of the building, and answered all my crazy questions. I snapped lots of pictures.

People, there is just so much that if I do a single posting on the project I will 1.) overwhelm you, and 2.) never get to bed. So I'm going to take my information and my pictures, try to sort them out into categories, and then post them as separate posts.

I also managed to talk Steve into talking to me every two or three weeks to give me an update on how it's all going. He agreed. Let's see if I can keep the information coming.

I'll leave it at that for now. It's getting really late.

(On a side note, if you're interested in pitching in toward the digital projectors, here's a link for you.)

1 comment:

  1. They could possibly try a fundraiser like allowing people to buy bricks out on the sidewalk, if the town would allow that... it might be cool to see all the individual custom bricks around the theatre's sidewalk.

    ReplyDelete