Thursday, January 15, 2015

Strange Things Seen in Maynard, Episode No. 1

Every town has little interesting bits. Maynard has some great ones. I've been dying to do some posts about some of the quirky things around town, but I never managed to find the time. But this one... this one just walked right by me last month, on a cold, wintery day. I was going to my car and I saw, coming down a street that isn't really near water, a man carrying a kayak.



Me: "Excuse me sir, where are you going?"
Him: "Down to the river. There's a good entry spot behind CVS."
Me: "Ummm, can I get your picture?"
He was a good sport.

This man is here to prove to all of us that Maynard is, indeed, a very walkable community, even if you're carrying a kayak in the winter.

Hopefully I'll get some time and photos of other unexpected things around town.

No comments:

Post a Comment